Equal Pay Day April 14, 2015
*WEAR RED because women are still in the RED!
National Equal Pay Day is the date in 2015 that the average woman has to work to earn as much as the average white male did in 2014.
As you know, we are part of the NYC Equal Pay Coalition/PowHer and have been actively involved in developing the strategy to bring Equal Pay to NYS and NYC.
Join us and our partners/advocates on the steps of City Hall on April 14th at 10 a.m. AND/OR tweet, wear red, send emails to friends and your local politicians in NYS urging them to pass the bill.
The following will be in attendance on the steps of City Hall:
- Michele Titus, NYS Assembly Member – sponsor of the NY Equal Pay bill
- Elizabeth Crowley, NYC Council Member, Co-Chair, Women’s Caucus & sponsor of a NYC gender diversity bill for NYC contractors
- Darlene Mealy, NYC Council Member, Co-Chair, Women’s Caucus
- Laurie A. Cumbo, NYC Council Member, Chair, Women’s Issues Committee
- Corey Johnson, NYC Council Member
Can’t make it? Follow along with us all day on Twitter using #NYEqualPayBill and tweet using our sample tweets, Come to